Well, that’s it. I’m officially old. Quarter life in fact. When I was a little girl, I really expected more of myself and thought by this point I’d be married, secure in my career, maybe even a child or two and totally living my best life.
But the fantasies of a child are just that: fantasy.
I’ve actually been feeling pretty down and I know people normally write those ’18 things I’ve learnt in 18 years’ posts but to be honest I never read them because there is nothing I can learn from an 18 year old. The amount I’ve learnt since I was 18 is fucking astonishing and I’m still constantly learning so much. Obviously I’m not saying that no 18 years olds know nothing (wrap your head around that double negative) but I certainly didn’t.
So I thought I’d write about my achievements over the past year to remind myself that I’m worth it. (#notanadforloreal).
1.Held down an actual job
2. Managed to get good training to progress in my career
3. Started blogging
4. Gone on a ski holiday without injury
5. Recovered from a bad knee
6. Flew to meet one of my best friends in a different country
7. Bought my first designer handbag
8. Grew a cup size and a foot size due to overall weight gain on the body
9. Watched the entire GoT series 3 times (and I’ve read the books #nerd)
Hit smashed my savings goals
11. Looked after crazy dog and became best friends (I love all dogs, but I am used to a super chilled Scottie dog so other dogs surprise me when they want human attention)
12. Had a successful relationship for 1 year. Not sure what happened during the last 2 weeks but I’m single now. I don’t know why this has made it onto the achievements list.
13. Discovered my love for sushi and also nearly declared bankrupsy due to Wasabi addiction.
14. Didn’t get burnt on holiday in Spain.
15. Got my Instagram over 2000 followers. It’s now back down to 1980 thanks to that fucking algorithm.
16. Perfected the art of a silent fart (this was contributed by my sister Megan)
17. Got incredibly drunk at the work Christmas party. Still can’t remember anything.
18. Attended a couple of blogging events and had the best time!
19. Learnt some new photography skillzzz
20. Managed to switch my bank account
21. Set up regular saver #adulting
22. Found a skincare routine that works (at least for now)
23. Finally started YouTube and I realised I BLOODY LOVE IT
24. Paid off my student overdraft
25. Found inner peace for a while. I’ve lost it again, but I’m starting to accept myself for who I am, warts and flaws and all. This is gonna take more time, but I think it’s the most important thing on this list (after the silent fart art of course).
Is anyone else going through a quarter-life crisis? If you have any advice, please throw it my way because I need some clarity!